Are you interested in helping the DON’T SETTLE community? Do you have perspective and insight on a topic you think would benefit others?
We’re always on the lookout for great, high-quality content that provides value to the DON’T SETTLE community.
If you want to submit an article, please read everything below very carefully. Failure to do so could result in automatic rejection of your submission.
What We’re Looking For
We DON’T SETTLE for just any submission. We’re looking for great content and fresh ideas presented in a unique way.
So here’s how you can improve your chances that your post will be accepted:
- Demonstrate Expertise – You should have expertise in your area to back up your post.
- Web Writing Experience – Please understand and include basic HTML in your submission. We use WordPress as our CMS and we’d like to be able to drop it in without a lot of work.
- Proofread Your Posts – If you’re the type of person who will settle for submitting an article littered with spelling and grammar mistakes, you’re probably not the right person to guest post here. Run your post through a spelling and grammar check before submitting it. Have someone else read it first.
- Write How-To, Resource and Information Posts – We exist to provide valuable and actionable resources to the DON’T SETTLE community. Your post should answer the question “So what?” Give people steps they can take to make change in their lives in an area. If you’re just looking to state your opinion, you’re welcome to leave a comment on an existing post.
- Create Lists & Guides – If you’ve looked at hundreds of resources in an area and narrowed it down to the best 10 available, we want to share that with the community. Lists and guides are a great way to get your article published.
Make sure your post meets the following criteria:
- It should be at least 750 words in length.
- It must be original content. If you’ve published the post elsewhere and we find out about it (which we will), we will reject your post and all future submissions from you.
- The post should include all necessary HTML markup.
- Send an email to Travis at email@example.com with the subject line “DONTSETTLE.org Guest Post Submission” (hint: copy and paste the subject line from here). By not using this subject line, you prove you didn’t adequately read the instructions.
- Keep the body of the email brief and to the point. Put 1-2 sentences explaining the gist of the post along with your proposed title(s) and the word count.
- It should align with the core principles of this website. If you’ve read and like most of the content published on this site, you’ll probably be just fine.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread. Please.
- Include a bio of 2-3 short sentences. Your bio may include up to two (2) non-affiliate links to your website, Facebook page, Twitter page, etc.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a post for consideration to DONTSETTLE.org, you agree to the following:
- You grant TRO, Inc. (the parent of DONTSETTLE.org) the license to be the exclusive publisher of the article online. You also grant us a non-exclusive right to publish the article offline. The license granted to TRO, Inc. also allows us to use the article on our other sites, products and services. We agree to fully credit you as the creator of the content in any and all uses – online and offline.
- We reserve the right to edit any part of your content as we see fit. This includes the title and any of the content. So please don’t be upset when we do. It’s standard practice.
- It can take up to two weeks to receive a response from us on whether your post has been accepted depending on volume. If, after two weeks, you do not receive a response from us, you may email us requesting an update or submit the post to another site. If you do email requesting an update, please include the date of the original submission. Any post not published remains the property of its creator.
- We may not run your post and, if we choose not to, it’s not personal. Depending on the submission, we may suggest changes and ideas to improve it, or we may just let you know that we’ve decided not to run the post. Feel free to submit another post.
- If we run your post, you may use extracts of up to 150 words on your own website to promote the piece. In fact, we love it when you do this since it helps everyone.